Full refunds will be offered in each division if the registrar has been notified up to the day before each, scheduled evaluation night. Players may withdraw on evaluation night and a full refund will be issued so long as the player or parent/guardian is present at the applicable gym to let the convener know in person. Should a player withdraw from Legends after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights
Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
SPRING 2013 BASKETBALL OPPORTUNITIES
Kelowna Minor Basketball Association will be offering three basketball playing options this spring. They are summarized below.
LEGENDS HOUSE LEAGUE – this is our regular spring league that we have run for many years. All players that register are asked to attend an evaluation camp and are then placed on a team. Team parity is a main goal with this program and as such player/parent requests to play on specific teams, to play in certain areas of town and/or to play with specific players cannot be accommodated. There will be one, one hour practice and one game per week. Game nights [ subject to gym availability ] are set in advance but practice nights are not confirmed until players are placed on their teams. All games and practices will be scheduled at gyms within Kelowna\West Kelowna boundaries and will be on week nights only. Players from anywhere within the Okanagan Valley are welcome to register and play. Legends has evaluations Mar. 25-29. Additional Legends League details can be found on the Legends registration page. The cost of this program is $195.
LEGENDS REP TEAMS – Each year we attempt to offer the option for players who would like the opportunity to practice/play more than once per week and both with and against a higher level of competition. All players must be registered to play in our Legends League to qualify for all rep team programs and then must attend tryout sessions and be selected for the programs. If players are not selected then they will be required to attend the Legends League evaluation night for their applicable grade and will then be placed on a Legends house team. In the past we have offered both boys and girls programs at the U13, U15 and U17 age levels [ subject to coach availability ] . Rep teams typically travel to destinations outside of the Kelowna area to play exhibition games and weekend tournaments. This year rep teams may also have the opportunity to play in our Club League [ more details to follow ] . If a player would like to tryout out for a rep team [ if offered ] they simply register for the Legends house league only and then check the home page of the website for a notice confirming tryout dates etc. All costs for rep team programs will be confirmed by each applicable coach at the time of the tryouts.
CLUB LEAGUE – Last spring Basketball BC ran an Okanagan wide Club League. This spring KMBA will run a Okanagan wide Club League. School based teams from throughout the Okanagan Valley can register to play. There will be specific rules that all approved Club coaches must follow, details to follow. The general idea is that school based teams can continue to play together on Club teams against teams from other schools. Players can play in Legends house league and either Rep, or Club, and may be able to play in all three depending on schedules. The Club league will start in the week of March 25 and end in early/mid June. Also, we will run an optional, mid season, weekend tournament [ dates to be confirmed ] ?. The format will be similar to the Legends House League with one practice and one game per week. All players must be registered with KMBA to be eligible. All coaches must be approved by the KMBA executive. The cost of this program is $2,000 per team with practices, $1,750 per team without practices.
UBCO Jr Heat – KMBA is not involved with the UBCO Jr Heat programs. Please check the UBCO Athletics website for details.
Kelowna Minor Basketball General Information
1. All players MUST be at Draft Camp (March 25 - 29th): Players who do not show will be replaced by late / wait-listed registrants who are present. Parents of sick registrants must attend the Draft Camp and provide oral information on their child to the selection panel.
Evaluation Dates and Times TBA
2. Game night will be announced at the Draft Camp before the camp begins (if not before).
3. Withdraw Rules: People who wish to withdraw prior to the start of draft camp can do so with a 100% refund. Should a player withdraw from Legends after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
4. Players are expected to be at practice in order for their team to improve. Unwarranted absences from practice may be subject to a reduction in play time. Coaches expect prior notification of missed practices.
5. All players must conform to expected guidelines concerning behavior as displayed on our website “Players Code of Conduct” www.kelownamba.com
6. Under age players are discouraged. Parents who really feel their kids are physically able, have basketball skills, and are socially mature to handle competing with older children may indicate on Registration Form and will be placed only if room permits and if a majority of the coaches present at the draft camp agree that the player is capable of playing up. They must attend Draft Camp.
7. Parents are expected to help when needed including: timing, scoring and gym management.
8. Players and parents cannot request special placement (being with friends, being with a special coach, car pooling, etc.)
9. Parents will abide by the KMBA “Parent Code of Conduct” and “Zero Tolerance Policy”, both as displayed on our website.
10. The KMBA reserves the right to release any player or coach from the KMBA.
11. We expect players, coaches, and parents to refrain from any form of criticism directed toward officials, coaches or other players. A positive approach to all circumstances is the example we want to set in our league.
12. Each player is expected to provide their own basketball, gym strip and indoor running shoes for evaluations.
Online registration is available by clicking on this URL:
Proposed Weekly Schedule
Medical Waiver Form Click on the Link