REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016 LEGENDS LEAGUE IS NOW CLOSED!!The Legends program is for players in Grade 5 through Grade 12, ( Grade 4 play-ups are allowed, subject to approval ).
The cost for this program is $240.The Legends Season starts from the week of March 30th ( evaluation week ) to mid June.Midnight Monday, March 28th will be the registration cutoff date.LEGENDS LEAGUE INFORMATION
1. All Players MUST Be At Evaluations!! LEGENDS EVALUATIONS will be held the week of April 4th - 8th. A schedule will be posted by Friday, April 1st. EXCEPT FOR FOR BOYS GRADE 10 & BOYS GRADE 12 DIVISIONS, THEIR EVALUATION DATE WILL BE WILL BE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30TH. THE SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED BY TUESDAY, MARCH 29TH.
Players who do not show will be replaced by late / wait-listed registrants who are present. Parents of sick registrants must attend the Evaluation Week and provide oral information on their child to the selection panel. Evaluation Dates and Times TBA
2. Game night will be announced at the Evaluation Week before the Evaluation Week begins (if not before).
3. Full refunds will be offered in each division if the registrar has been notified up to the day before each scheduled evaluation night. Players may withdraw on evaluation night and a full refund will be issued so long as the player or parent/guardian is present at the applicable gym to let the convener know in person. Should a player withdraw from Legends after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights.
Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
4. Players are expected to be at practice in order for their team to improve. Unwarranted absences from practice may be subject to a reduction in play time. Coaches expect prior notification of missed practices.
5. All players must conform to expected guidelines concerning behavior as outlined on the Conduct / Policy Link at the top of of this homepage. (Players Code of Conduct÷ www.kelownamba.com
6. PLAY-UPS CRITERIA
1. The coaches and conveners must be more selective at evaluations.
2. Our first criteria for allowing play ups is there must be room in the higher division.
3. Alternately, if a higher division team is not full, remaining playups won't be used to fill the spots unless they are truly capable. This decision is made by the majority of coaches present on each evaluation night.
4. Coaches with their own kids in a playup situation can create difficulty for conveners to confirm their coaching list. The coach should communicate this with the convener of both divisions before evaluations.
5. All players requesting to be considered to play up (1 division only is allowed), MUST
show up at the evaluation of the higher division, or they will not be approved to play up.
7. Parents are requested to help when needed including: timing, scoring and gym management.
8. Players and parents cannot request special placement (being with friends, being with a special coach, car pooling, etc.)
Our first priority is to create balanced teams. If we allow special placement requests then we cannot achieve this goal.
9. Parents will abide by the KMBA (Parent Code of Conduct÷ and Zero Tolerance Policy÷), outlined on the Conduct / Policy Link at the top of of this homepage.
10. The KMBA reserves the right to release any player or coach from the KMBA.
11. We expect players, coaches, and parents to refrain from any form of criticism directed toward officials, coaches or other players. A positive approach to all circumstances is the example we want to set in our league.
12. Each player is expected to provide their own basketball, gym strip and indoor running shoes for evaluations.
KMBA will provide uniforms, which MUST BE RETURNED TO YOUR COACH IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR FINAL GAME AT THE END OF SEASON. BE SURE TO BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES.ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW:https://apps.rampinteractive.com/registrations/?c=66c7a4dee75c
"CLICK HERE" To See The Proposed Game Nights
Medical Waiver Form Click on the Link
UBCO Jr Heat - KMBA is not involved with the UBCO Jr Heat programs. Please check the UBCO Athletics website for details.