Full refunds will be offered in each division if the registrar has been notified up to the day before each scheduled evaluation night. Players may withdraw on evaluation night and a full refund will be issued so long as the player or parent/guardian is present at the applicable gym to let the convener know in person. Should a player withdraw from Legends after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights.The Legends program is for players in Grade 5 through Grade 12The Legends season runs from early April to mid June
Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
March 23rd will be the registration cutoff date.
UBCO Jr Heat – KMBA is not involved with the UBCO Jr Heat programs. Please check the UBCO Athletics website for details.
Kelowna Minor Basketball General Information
1. All players MUST be at Draft Camp (March 31 - Apr 4th): Players who do not show will be replaced by late / wait-listed registrants who are present. Parents of sick registrants must attend the Draft Camp and provide oral information on their child to the selection panel. Evaluation Dates and Times TBA
2. Game night will be announced at the Draft Camp before the camp begins (if not before).
3. Withdraw Rules: People who wish to withdraw prior to the start of draft camp can do so with a 100% refund. Should a player withdraw from Legends after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
4. Players are expected to be at practice in order for their team to improve. Unwarranted absences from practice may be subject to a reduction in play time. Coaches expect prior notification of missed practices.
5. All players must conform to expected guidelines concerning behavior as displayed on our website “Players Code of Conduct” www.kelownamba.com
6. 1. The coaches and conveners must be more selective at evaluations.
2. We have allowed 11 players per team in the past to accommodate the total # of players registered in a division. Once we need to go to 12 per team that is when we have looked to add another team. Trying to We do not want a team to have 11 that includes play ups. Trying to define our first criteria for allowing play ups which is “ if there is room in the higher division
3. Alternately, if a higher division team is not full, remaining playups won't be used to fill the spots unless they are truly capable. This decision is made by the majority of coaches present on each evaluation night.
4. Coaches with their own kids in a playup situation can create difficulty for conveners to confirm their coaching list. The coach should communicate this with the convener of both divisions before evaluations.
5. All players requesting to be considered to play up (1 division only is allowed), MUST show up at the evaluation of the higher division, or they will not be approved to play up.
7. Parents are expected to help when needed including: timing, scoring and gym management.
8. Players and parents cannot request special placement (being with friends, being with a special coach, car pooling, etc.)
9. Parents will abide by the KMBA “Parent Code of Conduct” and “Zero Tolerance Policy”, both as displayed on our website.
10. The KMBA reserves the right to release any player or coach from the KMBA.
11. We expect players, coaches, and parents to refrain from any form of criticism directed toward officials, coaches or other players. A positive approach to all circumstances is the example we want to set in our league.
12. Each player is expected to provide their own basketball, gym strip and indoor running shoes for evaluations.
Online registration is available by clicking on this URL:
Proposed Weekly Schedule
Medical Waiver Form Click on the Link